School Reopening 2020-2021
Beginning on Monday, October 12 students in groups A and B will rotate in-person and remote attendance, with students in Group A attending on Monday and Tuesday and students in Group B attending on Thursday and Friday. Wednesday will be a remote learning day for all students. Group assignments will be communicated at the school level. Families who still want a full remote option will be able to participate in a 100% remote learning option.
Students with an Individualized Education Plan or IEP, and English language learner students, identified by our ESL programs as newcomers with two years or less in the US, will be invited to attend school for face to face instruction on days A and B, attending school, every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Wednesday will be a day of remote learning for all students.
Porters Neck Elementary School Plan B Procedures:
Beginning on Monday, October 12 students in groups A and B will rotate in-person and remote attendance, with students in Group A attending on Monday and Tuesday and students in Group B attending on Thursday and Friday.
Wednesday will be a remote learning day for all students.
Families who want a full remote option will be able to participate in a 100% remote learning option.
Group A/B assignments will be communicated at the school level.
Students served with an Individualized Education Program or IEP, and students designated as English Language learners will be invited to attend both A and B days. Wednesdays will be a remote learning day for these students as well.
Under the Plan B, AA/BB schedule, face coverings and social distancing guidelines are a requirement.
Arrival and Dismissal
Families are required to have on file a Parent/Guardian Attestation form prior to utilizing bus transportation. The Parent/Guardian Attestation form can be found below and also at https://www.nhcs.net/
nhcsreadysetreturn. Completed forms may be emailed to email@example.com or turned in at your school. Schools are able to print forms for parents who are not able to.
Per the attestation form, temperature checks and symptom screening shall be done at home prior to the student leaving for the bus stop.
A face mask is required for all students riding the bus. There are no exemptions while riding the school bus.
Seating on the bus will be limited to one student per seat. Exceptions will be made for members of the same family.
Due to the reduced capacity of the buses, routes and stops have changed. Individual stops are combined into community stops.
NOTE: BUS TRANSPORTATION MUST BE REQUESTED BY CONTACTING THE SCHOOL DATA MANAGER TO UPDATE POWERSCHOOL AND THE STUDENT MUST HAVE A BUS ASSIGNMENT BEFORE THEY CAN RIDE
ALL STUDENTS SHOULD BE AT THE BUS STOP 10 MINUTES BEFORE THEIR SCHEDULED PICK-UP TIME.
- All staff and students will be required to wear an approved mask or face covering. They may only be removed to eat or drink and during scheduled mask breaks or vigorous outdoor activity. We will be teaching students proper mask wearing and handling but will need your support at home to make this a smooth transition.
- Students must maintain a 6' distance from others. Hallways have been marked with 6' distancing signs to help student visualize spacing and classrooms have been rearranged to address social distancing.
- Classroom teachers have designed procedures that limit sharing of common items (ie scissors, books, crayons, PE equipment, etc.) and have arranged for students to have their own set of needed materials.
- Custodians have increased their sanitizing efforts and frequent cleanings are made to high-touch surfaces.
- We are incredibly grateful for our parent volunteers that would typically enter our building daily. However, at this time, visitors and volunteers are still not permitted.